We have spent our last two weeks stateside celebrating birthdays, doing last plays with friends and closing up our house.
Many people have asked if we are keeping our house on base and the answer is ‘yes’ we are this trip for a few reasons;
- When we started planning, the trip was supposed to be much shorter (oops).
- We had our hearts set on getting pregnant before Greg deployed and then would need our house immediately after the trip for a birth, but we are not pregnant at this time.
- Despite the mold and bugs we really love our house.
- We are hopeful for summer 2019 orders and don’t want the pain of having to find new housing for 7 months.
- Despite our rent being outrageous once we pay to move ourselves, sell vehicles, pay for storage we wouldn’t make enough money for the headache.
So, instead of moving out of the house we find ourselves preparing it for silence. Lots of cleaning is going on, lots of imaginative recipe making from random things on shelves and deep in freezers and lots of purging of unnecessary crud.
Also on the to-do list, teeth cleanings and hair cuts; neither of these things will be happening abroad.
Also happening here; turning over the garden and planting pumpkins and gourds for our return, or for our neighbors to enjoy if the plants happen to survive the summer.
Unlikely they’ll survive no maintenance at all and a long hot summer, but IF THEY DO Oh what fun the photos will be from our neighbors later this year!
The next two days will be celebrating our beautiful middle son, Rhodes as he turns four and after that we will be closing up this house. T – one week.